Friday, January 25, 2008

Why use a good realtor??

Several years ago, before I became a realtor, I had a different view about what real estate professionals do. I THOUGHT that they listed a home and waited to be paid at the closing. I THOUGHT they didn't have to return phone calls or listen to your needs. I THOUGHT they drove you around all day to waste your time and their gas. I THOUGHT they did not work for their money. I THOUGHT they would lie.
So when it came time for me to sell my own home, I THOUGHT I could do it all on my own! I did not realize until then how much I did not know about selling real estate. I needed a good real estate professional. I called a friend who I knew worked for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. He sold my home for me and it was an easy, smooth, happy process. It was only after that that I decided real estate professional really do know what they are doing. But there are good and bad professionals in every occupation. It is important to find a GOOD real estate professional!

It is important for a real estate professional to help direct the process of purchasing a home. A realtor is also helpful with issues that concern first time home buyers. There are so many options for buyers to consider during each step of the home buying transaction, and they can make the best decisions with the assistance of a good real estate professional. Take time to find one that will really help you. A realtor can help you get the information needed to find the ideal home and get it at a great price!

1. Choosing a home that fits the buyer's life and family- As you meet with your real estate professional you will be able to discuss your needs. A good realtor can usually narrow down the home choices very quickly to save you time on looking at home options.
2. Picking the right mortgage- There are so many good mortgage products out there, and so many great financing options. A good realtor will provide you with names of reputable lenders so you can feel comfortable about your biggest investment.
3. Making offers that sellers can't refuse- A good realtor has the experience to know what works and what doesn't. Your time will not be wasted. You will be accessing the professionalism of a great negotiator.
4. Handling appraisals, inspections, title policies, and insurance- There is so much more to buying a home then just making an offer and getting the financing. A good realtor will not miss any important issues along the way.
5. Dealing with homeowner associations and management companies- You will have all of the facts. A good realtor makes sure that you are informed about all details of your home purchase.
6. Doing the final walk-through and closing- Buying a home is a big detailed process. A good realtor will be with you until then end, to fix any little hang ups along the way. An even better realtor will stay in touch with you long after your new home purchase! Call me, your professional realtor, to find out what I can do for you.
By Heidi Alldredge